Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Homestead goes Glamping


This year Summer started off with a bang!   The kids were barely out of school, and I had the whole family packed, loaded and heading down the road for the Hometown Victory Girls' Glamping Weekend!
 
Our 1968 Scotty Sportsman was packed to the gills with all the necessities and then some.  Hank groaned a bit when I added a stack of vintage tablecloths to the 'To Go' pile.  I took potted plants, a full-size mirror, several throw rugs...



...and of course, my best Melmac.


The other girls packed according, too.  Wild Kat brought her favorite eyelet Summer dress (and her gingham apron).

We had all the requisite martini fixin's...


...and plenty of flamingos.


The kids were holed up in their secret hideout...

...while the Ladies perfected their game of croquet.

We even found time to leave our glamorous campsite to take in the views around the park.  The weather was great, but the company was better.  Please visit the Hometown Victory Girls facebook photo album for many more photos of the campers in living color! 

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! I was looking forward to hearing about Glamping Weekend! I'm glad you all had so much fun. I hope we can get in on some glamping action soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! Come back to visit again soon!