Monday, May 2, 2011

Shoebox Update : the Interior begins


While this weekend wasn't exactly warm, it was dry.  We pulled the Ford outside, and I had at it.  The interior was in pretty bad shape so I took it down to the metal.  Out came the seats, carpeting, head liner and door panels.


 
Then out came my scraper.  Years of ancient rust, underbody and gooey weather striping had to come off.  I loosened the strips and pulled out all remnants of the fabric.  Finished it all off with a whole lotta vacuuming!


The sheep are happy in the pasture today.  Lambs making friends with each other as the mothers relax their watch a little.  And I'm happy to be getting some dirt under my fingernails (quality owner/car bonding time).  At the end of the day, she went back into the barn for a bit more metalwork (found some small rust holes in the floorboards under all that crusty interior).  So while my husband is finishing that off and laying the first coat of primer, I'll be measuring up the seats and door panels.  Pink floral upolstery here I come!

3 comments:

  1. I am excited to see how this turns out. We have a machine in our garage that was my husbands grandfathers that he used to do car apolstery with when he would fix up old model A's (cars must run in the blood). Anyway I am working on fixing up my sewing room I am hoping to build a wall to keep a naughty kitty out but also just some much needed attention to the room so perhaps we can move that machine into it and out of the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I know quite a few girls that are on the look out for industrial machines to do car interiors. It's definitely worth moving into the house. Even if you don't use, there is a market out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Looks like an awesome project! I just adore vintage stuff. Thanks for linking up to the Homestead Barn Hop this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! Come back to visit again soon!