While this weekend wasn't exactly warm, it was dry. We pulled the Ford outside, and I had at it. The interior was in pretty bad shape so I took it down to the metal. Out came the seats, carpeting, head liner and door panels.
Then out came my scraper. Years of ancient rust, underbody and gooey weather striping had to come off. I loosened the strips and pulled out all remnants of the fabric. Finished it all off with a whole lotta vacuuming!
The sheep are happy in the pasture today. Lambs making friends with each other as the mothers relax their watch a little. And I'm happy to be getting some dirt under my fingernails (quality owner/car bonding time). At the end of the day, she went back into the barn for a bit more metalwork (found some small rust holes in the floorboards under all that crusty interior). So while my husband is finishing that off and laying the first coat of primer, I'll be measuring up the seats and door panels. Pink floral upolstery here I come!