For the final piece of the outfit, I chose a heavily slubbed tapestry that looks like it has been trampled under my feet for the past 100 years. Using the same pattern, I cut a long-line vest which scoops under the bust. The tails are split at both side seams allowing for ease of movement. I also added small caps at the shoulders. The vest is fully lined with the same blue silk I used for the jacket.
Last night Hank hammered some rivets for me, putting the wide black belt onto the vest. I dug out every brass button I could find (discovering enough plastic washdress buttons to last me a lifetime) and used them on the shirt and silk jacket. A linen sash and cutlass add a nice touch, but it needed more brass.
Check out a recap of Part I and II.